photo Navbarbutton-home-01_zps8f6b3672.png  photo Navbarbutton-adoption-01_zpseb5bc34c.png  photo Navbarbutton-infertility-01_zpsbc4fc5ab.png  photo Navbarbutton-DIY-01_zps42a45383.png  photo Navbarbutton-DIY-01_zps42a45383.png

Saturday, July 20, 2013

5 Days: Entering the Final Stretch



I've done quite a few light-hearted posts lately. Mainly because I'm totally shocked at the fact we have less than a week until delivery day. Everyone keeps asking how we are feeling, so I will share a little today:






First and foremost... We are so excited that sweet baby is almost ready to make his debut! We have no doubt that he will be the most gorgeous baby in the world! I have the inside scoop, because his siblings are so adorable! :)

We are also so terribly nervous. You know we've said all along that nothing is final until the ink is dry. Although we feel very confident, we know that there's always the chance that something could change. 

We are also very conscious that this situation isn't going to be a "joyful celebration" for his birthmom. While she knows we love her and if she chooses to place with us, we want her to be a very close part of his life... It is still hard. Imagine the hardest thing you've ever done. Now, multiply that times a million.  That might come close. She's my friend, so I hurt for her.

All in all, I'm not getting much sleep lately, which is in direct opposition to what everyone is telling me to do, but the closer we get, the less sleep I have.


With that, I will leave you with a few verses to this song I've been holding close to my heart during this journey:


Lullabye, The Dixie Chicks

They didn't have you where I come from 

Never knew the best was yet to come 
Life began when I saw your face 
And I hear your laugh like a serenade 



How long do you want to be loved 
Is forever enough, is forever enough 
How long do you want to be loved 
Is forever enough?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!