photo Navbarbutton-home-01_zps8f6b3672.png  photo Navbarbutton-adoption-01_zpseb5bc34c.png  photo Navbarbutton-infertility-01_zpsbc4fc5ab.png  photo Navbarbutton-DIY-01_zps42a45383.png  photo Navbarbutton-DIY-01_zps42a45383.png

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Meeting

Think back to your first job interview...The first time you met your significant other's family... Making sure you're dressed just right, that your hair doesn't look like a squirrel pounced on your head and did an Irish Jig.






Pretty serious stuff.

Okay, now multiply that by 10 and I'd say it's about on par with meeting the mother of your child.

Tomorrow isn't just Independence Day in the Prestwich Household. It's also the day where we sit down with BMom and family and have our first face to face discussion about the adoption. I am pretty nervous about how they'll receive me. I mean, multiple visible tattoos and a couple of facial piercings? 

I consider myself to be a pretty warm, friendly, straightforward person, but will I be so nervous that I don't come across well? I have been told that I interview well in jobs (Lord, I'd hope so after all those years in Management/Human Resources! :P ), but this situation is....well, so much MORE.

Despite being nervous about making a good impression, I am REALLY excited. I am looking forward to finally sitting down with a woman that I've spent a lot of time talking to via text.

At any rate, prayers are appreciated, y'all. Here's to hoping that I don't get lettuce stuck in my teeth and look like a jackass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!